MHM is hiring a part-time Development Director
Please contact Denise Schoeff, MHM Board Member, at DSchoeff@fusionalliance.com with resume,
Mission Haiti Medical Development Director
The part-time Development Director works with and assists the Governing Board of Mission Haiti Medical to ensure the longevity and effectiveness of Mission Haiti Medical, whose mission is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ through a healthcare alliance with the people of Haiti.
Becomes the main face of MHM and a partner to the Governing Board.
45% Develops and executes plan to attract and retain new friends and donors – individuals, corporations, and foundation partners. Includes supporting and coaching board members in growing their own circles of inﬂuence for MHM.
45% Assesses current donor database and develops and implements a plan to strengthen or revive past donors. Maintains ongoing communication to nurture relationships. Includes involvement at annual Gala and other Fund Raising events.
10% Assists the MHM board in preparation and organization of events such as board meetings and general communication with individuals interested in partnering with MHM for trips or other events.
- A personal faith and value system that reflects, embraces, and witnesses to the Christ-centered mission of MHM.
- A deep and abiding personal and professional commitment to and an understanding of the special purpose, mission, and programs of MHM.
- At least 3 years of development-related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with individuals, churches, and corporate donors that result in increased revenue.
- Proven track record of asking for financial donations in group and one-on-one setting
- Motivated, self-starter with a desire to achieve personal and organizational goals with the ability to work alone without close, direct supervision, yet also demonstrate the ability to work as a part of a team to plan and accomplish those goals.
- A demonstrated ability to build and ever-deepen relationships with donors, colleagues, staff, subordinates, and volunteers.
- Familiarity with and understanding of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within non-profit and development fields.
- Experience with international missions and/or medical background is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Internet, email, social media sites, Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and a familiarity with donor management software a plus, with the ability to recommend new donor tracking system.
- Experience conducting On-Line Webinars preferred
- Willing to travel throughout Indiana and the Midwest to meet potential and current donors
- A college degree is preferred
- Central Indiana residency preferred
Willing to travel occasionally to Indiana and Midwestern to meet potential or current donors.
- Expenses paid to join at least one mission trip annually to the Mission Haiti Medical clinic in St Ard, Haiti, including one within the first 6 months.
- Reasonable travel and entertainment expenses will be reimbursed with prior approval.
- Laptop provided
- Work from home
- Flexible, part-time schedule
History of Mission Haiti Medical
In 1998, Mission Haiti Medical (MHM) was formed to organize and promote ministry involvement from the Midwest in the United States to the area of Arcahaie, Haiti. Started by Dr. Mark Fulton and his wife and Speech Pathologist, Kathy, MHM is now governed by a 10-member board based in central Indiana and 16-member medical advisory committee from around the U.S., consisting of doctors, nurses, surgeons, pastors, therapists, and business professionals. See more at