What a great time in the life of Mission Haiti Medical! The progress made to the clinic at St. Ard in the last months has been fantastic and we feel as if we have simply scratched the surface of what is to come. Who knows exactly what God has in store for us!
Here are some of the medical outreach opportunities God has given us recently:
- The northeast corner of the Lopital Leglise de Dieu Reformee has become home to an eye clinic operated by Rhonda Eye Alliance. Mission Haiti Midwest and Rhonda Eye Alliance has teamed up to help present God’s gift of sight to those who need help. An eye examination area has been constructed on the first floor and immediately up the stairs on the second floor is the laboratory capable of fabricating custom lenses for much needed glasses. We are so thankful for Rhonda and Pierre who have allowed us to be a part of their ministry to the Haitian people ! You can learn more about their ministry by visiting RhondaEyesAlliance.org
- The second floor of the hospital is also now home to a recording studio, managed by Christians Broadcast Hope (CBH), a partnership that allows indigenous pastors and musicians to record sermons, music and Biblical truths on the premises of our hospital. CBH then purchases airtime at a Haitian radio station in Port au Prince, to air the recordings, allowing our Haitian pastors an avenue to further spread the news of Jesus Christ throughout the country of Haiti. What an honor to be a small part in this ministry.
You can learn more about CBH at CBHViewpoint.org
- The surgery area at our clinic is becoming more and more active as several surgery teams have used our facility to provide surgical procedures that have saved the lives of people throughout the country. Teams from many areas of the U.S. have been able to provide literally hundreds of surgeries for those in need. We continue to expand the capabilities of our surgical arena and the types of possible surgeries continues to grow.
- Through the sacrifices of many, MHM has purchased a new back up generator for the hospital. As we continue to do more procedures at our hospital and clinic, the need for consistent electricity has become a necessity. If our main generator is to falter (and it has) we are placed in a very precarious situation, but now we have another generator capable of sustaining every aspect of the clinic. God has provided !
- The clinic continues to be open 5 days every week, providing primary care to those in need. Fridays are a big “baby” day as our pediatrician, Dr Pady, sees 50-100 infants and children every Friday. It is so wonderful to see so many infants, children and their parent(s) receiving needed care. We have partnered with some programs in the country of Haiti to partially fund the programs for the children on Fridays.
- The prosthetic lab is still a viable ministry and continues to produce braces, supports and prostheses for those in need. We are hoping to expand its services as available personnel allows. We are in continued prayer for more help in this area as the need is greater than our personnel available.